Monday 26 August 2013

Baubles, Bangles and Beads

Well this post is actually just about baubles and beads - but the Frank Sinatra song just popped into my head and I couldn't resist it! If you want all the lyrics then they are here

Baubles, bangles, hear how they jing, jinga-linga
Baubles, bangles, bright shiny beads
Sparkles, spangles, your heart will sing, singa-linga
Wearin' baubles, bangles and beads

The black-busted bauble holder!

Now if you are like I used to be then you will have a scrambled collection of necklaces etc all tied up in knots and not easy to find let alone extracate from the pile. One day I had a brainwave (rare!) and now my jools are organised so that I can see them at a glance. So now I sing, singa-linga when choosing what baubles, (bangles) and bright shiny beads to put around my neck!

Jools tucked behind the door just waiting to be chosen
If you like the idea then off you trot to the harware shop to find the hooks (I found them in the picture hanging department!), then find a nook on the wall, take a hammer and bang it's done. But before banging I suggest that you lay them out to 'create' a design so you know where to put the hooks. Then 'voila' you too will have the pleasure of choosing your necklace treasures easily. And you'll find you you'll wear them more because they're so easy to find!

And top off your collection. The 'Asian piece' above mine I found it in a drawer at home. If I recall it was part of a shelf at my parents home. Sadly this is all that is left but I rather like my collection having a 'lid'!

No comments:

Post a Comment